Lezioni yoga online

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Hot Yoga - simple tips for a simpler life


A lot  of people think hot yoga is a perversion. All those students sweating like pigs.... and somebody says it's not real yoga, because real yoga is about concentrating, meditating. My friend P, eyeing me suspiciously,  asked if it was an erotic version of yoga.
Well, I am not a sport person and never will be. But I think that hot yoga is fantastic, at least for me: I can't concentrate with normal yoga, whereas when I start thinking about else while practicing the hot version my heart beat just reminds me I am supposed to concentrate on what I am doing.
I feel lighter, happier and satisfied after each session.
It's good even if you suffered some injuries or if your body is a little bit stiff: the heat helps warming up your muscles and junctures. My lower back and neck pains are quietly disappearing - and I am just doing it once a week. I was so happy with the hot yoga that I followed my practice even during my stay on Gabriele Island.
My hot yoga spots so far are
http://www.omyoga42.com/ (Beijing)
http://www.jiwayogabali.com/ (Seminyak, Bali)
I wanted to try out a Shanghai spot, too... but since Shanghai is Shanghai, they do not offer the drop-in session. Basically, you are not supposed to book a session: you just go, pay and join the class provided you arrive on time. But not in Shanghai. You are required to book in advance.....which I will never do, you know, lazy is my middle name.
Want a real perversion? Look up Doga. Yoga with your Dog. I am sure it makes you happy. But how about the Dog?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

totally agree - so happy that there is a Hot Yoga place right downstairs where I am staying in Singapore....was having withdrawal symptoms without it....

Li Jiao said...

Good to know, we might have a session together when I come and visit ;)