Lezioni yoga online

Monday 15 August 2011

Fashionista


It's 5.30 a.m. but I am actually awake since longer. I have several things going on in my mind. One of these is something that my friend B. told me a couple of days ago about this new "fashion trend", very popular in Italy but not so visible here in Beijing - yet. Roller handbags. In his words, ladies going around with trolleys instead of handbags. "How are you? Going out for the weekend?" "No, just taking a walk to the city centre".
Well, of all the fashion trends that have come up so far, this is kind of ... weird. First of all, imagine all the trolleys in the metro carriage or on the bus - and the wheels rolling on other passengers' feet.
Second of all, no matter how beautiful or fashionable these roller handbags might be, my mental image will always be the checkered (hand)bags older ladies carry around at the local market when they shop for groceries, usually with celery or scallion sticking out of them.
Can I ever surrender to this new trend? Never say never... but the stick of celery is very strong in my mind....

No comments: