Lezioni yoga online

Saturday 20 August 2011

Paintings

I bought some paintings over the years. Never felt like buying them in Beijing, but outside of Gabriele Island there is a Painters' Village which I always pay a visit to. Somehow, most of the things there talk about sunshine, happiness, dancing.
Take a look at some of the things I bought:
 These 2 belong to the same artist. At the Village they are quite proud of him because in the '80s he was abroad, so to them he is their "international star". I loved the movement and the colours in his paintings as soon as I saw his works. But his style is changing. Colours are being replaced with scale of grays. And the human figures are getting smaller, and curved. Ageing? Decay? Or simply a change in style? I might try to meet him next time and ask directly, but so far I haven't bought anything in the new style.
The portrait on the left is from another artist. I liked the way he played with the black lines, almost scarring the painting with them. And then I liked the calm expression of the woman. She for sure knows something we don't.

No comments: