Lezioni yoga online

Friday 19 August 2011

Fashionista (2)



Colour blocking
. Or the art of putting strong, possibly fluo, colours together. They said it 'd be the new trend this summer - but if you exclude the catwalks and a girl in the subway about one month ago (who was also carrying a trolley !!!! See my previous Fashionista post) I haven't seen much of this "trend" around.
It might be because if you are a colour black type like my friend C., you'll find it very difficult to have a colourful parenthesis - once you go black, you never come back .... or is it?
Or maybe it is simply that you might remember your mother yelling at you in despair because you put together green jeans and a red body-shirt (and for "you" I mean "me").
True, if you are careful in combining the colours, the effect might be quite good. My friend architect P, who is not much into fashion but understands colour matching, suggests that you should combine complementary colours (green and red, for example). But I have noticed that the effect is even better if you match a primary colour and one of its secondary colours (blue and green, for example, looks great together).
Although it might be tempting, I think I will not try it out on myself. Some things are better left to the catwalks, after all.

No comments: