Lezioni yoga online

Sunday 25 September 2011

Lemony Snicket's A series of unfortunate events

 "I'm gonna get you kids. No matter where you go, no matter what you do, I'll *find* you! Oh, you are so deceased!"
I can't convince P that it's actually a good movie and that he shouldn't get asleep after 20 minutes or so.
"I am Stefano, and I am  an Italian man"
Jim Carrey is one of the best villain ever, with his three characters of Count Olaf, Stefano and Capt. Sham (the choice of this last name is just full of echoes from the Dickens' character of Miss Havysham). He hasn't the least bit of good in himself and doesn't care about children, whom he calls "orphans" because that is what they actually are. His philosophy about "children" is well stated by alter ego Stefano "Children are strange and distant for me....but I know they are an important part of the ecosistema". It somehow reminds me of unforgettable Nina Van Horn from the Just Shoot Me TV Series (http://gabrieleisland.blogspot.com/2011/09/memorable-quote.html)
But he is also the only adult in the plot who knows that the Baudelaire children are right and he states the simple truth that "nobody ever listens to children", even if they are right.
Of course, if it's good feeling you are interested into, there's plentiful in the movie. After all, it's a movie for children... But that's not why I like watching it.

No comments: