Lezioni yoga online

Saturday 17 September 2011

Adieu

You have to be careful in this town. A moment you see something, the next it's not there anymore. One day you enter a restaurant and the next day it has been torn down. You talk with the same person over the phone in the agency xyz for 3 months, and one day you are informed she/he doesn't work there anymore.
That's life.
And that's what happened to the Liangma Antique Market. Very quiet place, with some good pieces among some dusty rubbish. I used to go there and start sneezing after a couple of steps. But it was a good spot if I didn't have the time and the strength to throw myself into Panjiayuan with the hordes of tourists. There I found  beautiful vintage alarm clocks for my friend G, who really wanted one. I got him two.
But the place is no more. Only the gate and the name are still standing. Or were. Already 24 hours have gone by. Goodbye old market. Adieu. 

No comments: